Babel sponsored a Fedora DS release for Sabayon/Gentoo. The work has been done by the Sabayon maintainer lxnay with my support: we involved richm aka Mr. Fedora DS.
This work lead us to discover some issues on the server:
1. the AdminServer – using mod_cgi – plays the dup2/close game to close stdfd: this caused an error on Sabayon but not on Fedora.
- We discovered that, even if Admin Server requires Apache2 mpm Â (multithread), the FedoraÂ Â mod_cgi was build using prefork (single-threaded)
- On Sabayon, like Gentoo, Â you have to compile from scratch all packages, so you’re not supposed to mix prefork/mpm, and the mod_cgi was compiled in a multithread environment.
- obviousily the dup2/close game won’t fit on multithread environment, because will close the fds of the main process (and not the child’s one)
- further info on http://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-directory/msg11697.html